Milan is the city of design, new technology and fashion.
But art and culture occupy since ever a role of utmost importance both for the Milanese and tourists from around the world.
In Milan you can find various forms of art: churches, cathedrals and castles, museums, exhibitions, events, shows, libraries and more.
The Duomo - the largest and most complex Gothic building in Italy - with its Madonnina is the symbol of the city. From its terraces you can enjoy all Milan. Other churches to visit are: St. Ambrose, Santa Maria delle Grazie (with the wonderful "Last Supper" by Leonardo Da Vinci), San Simpliciano.
The Castello Sforzesco is one of the most iconic and popular Milan landmarks. Today the Castle is the seat of the Civic Museum and since 1896 is home of one of the largest art collections in the city.
Among the most important museums do not miss: Palazzo Reale (which houses many temporary exhibitions of important authors), Museum of the '900, Natural History Museum, Archaeological Museum, the Museum of Science and Technology and the Planetarium. Milan is also famous for its many cultural events that houses every day in every corner of the city.
Calendar Exhibitions 2015:
• Until 28/06 "FOOD LA SCIENZA DAI SEMI AL PIATTO" (Museum Natural
• From 12/03 to 28/06 MOSTRA ARTE LOMBARDA DAI VISCONTI AGLI SFORZA (Palazzo Reale)
• From 09/04 al 01/11 ARTS & FOOD (Triennale di Milano)
• From 15/04 al 19/07 LEONARDO 1452-1519 (Palazzo Reale)
• From 21/07 al 10/01/2016 MOSTRA NATURA, MITO E PAESAGGIO DALLA MAGNA GRECIA A POMPEI (Palazzo Reale)
• From 02/09 al 10/01/2016 GIOTTO (Palazzo Reale)